Funny Sports Quotes: Add New Entry Under Comments

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Quotes that make me cringe on the golf course

Quotes that make me cringe on the golf course
Wednesday August 23, 2006 08:27:11 am 452 words, 183 views

Here are some quotes that make me cringe on the golf course:

I picked up my head - (It doesn't happen).

You need to swing slow to hit the ball far (OK, then why does Tiger Woods hit the ball farther than you - because he swings slower?).

The follow-through makes the ball go up in the air (What happens after the ball is gone doesn't affect how you hit the golf ball?).

I'm trying to lag this putt close within 3 feet of the hole (Why don't you try to get it a foot past the hole so that it has a chance to go in).

You have to get worse before you get better (Imagine if a car driving Instructor said this to you – would still take lessons from him or her).

Which way is the grain going (Sorry Johnny Miller - The grass on a normal green is so short that grain has virtually zero affect on the golf ball).

These are the most inconsistent greens I've ever seen (It's not the greens - it's the golfer putting the ball that's inconsistent who then uses the grain excuse because you heard Johnny Miller say it).

My problem is that I have a baseball swing (If you have a good baseball swing - you have a good golf swing also or if you have bad golf swing – you probably also had a bad baseball swing).
I need some time to get used to this new Driver (If you need time to get used to it - you bought the wrong Driver).

Are you a swinger or a hitter of the golf ball (Who cares? A good ball-striker is a good ball-striker).

I need to see myself swing on video (Video doesn't improve scores - it just improves the cash in the Instructors wallet that says you need to use video).

You need to sweep your fairway wood (Sweepers are Weepers – the same attributes that makes a ball go up with your irons applies to your fairway woods).

I've been working on my grip (Your grip is alright. Leave it alone and work on impact).

This is the worst golf I've ever played (How many times can you play the worst you ever played?).

The pro was trying to get me to come more from the inside (Don't try to come from the inside, don't try to come from the outside, don't try to come straight down the line - just swing using everything together and good things will happen as opposed to trying to manipulate the club to the inside).

I signed up for six 30-minute lessons (How much are you going to accomplish in 30 minutes?)

SOURCE:
Marc Solomon – Your Instructor For Life Golf Made Simple Inc.http://www.golfmadesimple.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Funny Sports Quotes sample:

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Rumble, young man, rumble!

Heavyweight Champion Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) Corner man Bundini Brown

Site Meter