Funny Sports Quotes: Add New Entry Under Comments

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Humorous Tennis Quotes - Tennis X 2006


"No one is friends with Hewitt and he does not worry me at all."
-- David Nalbandian on Lleyton Hewitt and the Argentina vs. Australia
Davis Cup tie.

"Hewitt seems to think that he's come to Iraq. But we're not bothered
because this is the circus that he wanted to set up. Nothing's going to
happen and we shouldn't pay any attention to it."
-- Jose Acasuso on Lleyton Hewitt coming to Argentina for the Davis Cup
semifinals.

"He told me he got pelted with coins and the umpire had to stop the match
at one stage. We are expecting the worst and if that doesn't happen, well,
that's a bonus."
-- Wayne Arthurs speaking to SMH.com on Dominik Hrbaty reminiscing on the
Slovak Republic's Davis Cup victory over Argentina in Buenos Aires in 1998
in the fifth rubber. Australia will travel to Argentina for the 2006
semifinals.

"I just won a Grand Slam. The last thing I'm going to talk about is some
fingers or a banana, alright? I hope you got that one, thanks."
-- The cheating Maria Sharapova when asked about being coached with
signals from the stands by Michael Joyce during the US Open final.

"Better not say anything about that because if I do, I know I'm gonna get
slighted. I'm really disappointed there's not more English people in it
(laughter)."
-- Andy Murray speaking to the media at the US Open on three Scottish
players being named to the British Davis Cup team.

"I feel like I'm helping out Andy, because Andy has dealt with it on his
own for a while now. I'm proud to be helping him. I'm proud that we're
doing this together. We're both in the quarters now. He's playing great
tennis again. I'm really happy to see that. He played unbelievable in
Cincinnati. I thought he played great in Indianapolis.And I had to play
possibly my best match ever to beat him in the finals. I'm happy to see
him doing great. We're both playing pretty darn well going into Moscow.
I'm looking forward to us teaming up together instead of playing against
each other."
-- James Blake on being in the Top 10 with Andy Roddick at the US Open,
leading up to the Davis Cup semifinal at Russia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Funny Sports Quotes sample:

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Rumble, young man, rumble!

Heavyweight Champion Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) Corner man Bundini Brown

Site Meter